Alexander Simpson started production of shaving brushes in the East End of London in 1919. He soon built up the business and in 1924, moved to Clapham where he established an award-winning reputation for his high quality products. In 1941, following the loss of his factory during the blitz of World War II Mr Simpson moved his business to the West Country. Today Simpson shaving brushes and associated products are manufactured on the historic Isle of Man. Their brushes continue to be produced in the traditional way using handtied knots by skilled workers.